Did you know you can edit the size of your pictures?! All you have to do is follow the steps below:
1. Write your article and click on 'Image' under 'Add media'. 2. Click on 'Choose your picture' and pick the image you want to upload 3. Edit the width of the picture by manually entering the number of pixels. 4. Don't worry about keeping the picture in proportion, that's done automatically for you ! All that's left for you to do is click 'Add' and voilà, your resized picture is on-line !
Tip : Your picture not getting any bigger ? It's probably because it's original size isn't big enough.
Wanna become the most famous Skyrock user out there? Then create your own fan club!
What's a fan? It's anyone who added you to their faves. To check who your fans are head to: 'My friends' >My fans
Here are some tips to keep your fans interested:
Update your blog to share all those random tidbits that your life is about. How about scrapbooking your favourite music videos or photos with friends? Meet people! Visit their blogs and add them to your friends.
If all else fails, get your friends on Skyrock and have them add you to their faves!
Fancy getting your friends to join you on Skyrock? Using your Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail it couldn't be easier. All you need to do is head to 'My Friends' > 'Settings' More friends and you can instantly upload your friend list. Don't worry though, if you don't have Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail you can still invite your pals by manually entering their email address.
Do you have a great blog that you want to share with the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD?!
Here are some tips to propel your blog to top of search engines like Google. You'll have even more fans and visitors!
* Network: Provide the link to your blog on all the sites you visit. For example, if you're totally addicted to Harry Potter and have some articles dedicated to this topic in your blog, add the link to your blog on a Harry Potter fansite or forum. Or if you know someone who created a site about Harry, have that person stick your blog on their site. Be sure to explain what your site is about so that more people will come.
* Clarity: You've gotta tell things as they are when you describe your blog. Try to be precise. If your blog is about possible Harry Potter conspiracy theories, explain it as clearly as you can and it'll go up in the search engines. If you aren't precise enough, your blog probably won't get picked up on by most search engines.
*Describe your pictures: This is really a SPECTACULAR way to get picked up in image searches. Instead of writing "photo1" or "lovethatbabe", write "me making cupcakes" or "Brad Pitt"
Jumpstart your Skyrock experience with these 4 quick steps.
1) Fill out your Profile & present yourself to the Skyrock community:
~●~ What you look like(Photos!Photos!) ~●~ ~●~ What you're looking for(Justfriends?That'swhatweallsay) ~●~ ~●~ What you heart <333 and h8888(Admitit--YouLOVEfillingoutthisstuff) ~●~ ~●~ **THE** blurb summing up your present so-called life(one-linerorrant?) ~●~
2) Create your blog with these INSANE articles
1, the Shameless Vanity Article: Post the BEST picture EVERRR you have of yourself. Preen hard, and say "I Rock".
2, the Humility Article: Time to repent i. I confess that picture was the result of (FILL IN NUMBER) hours of posing ii. I will now make up for this sinful moment by thinking about this good cause (INDICATE THE CAUSE) iii. Why do I believe in this cause, and why do I think other people should support it? iv. Add a picture of the cause
3, the Wannabe-but-Can't Article: Post a picture of a clothing style you think is fabulous but which you know would make you look like a frump. Tell us why you're so persuaded it doesn't suit you. Does it clash with your personality?
4, the Anthem-of-my-Life, Song-of-my-Soul Article: Get on Youtube and find THE video that soundtracks your life right now. Post the video and show the lyrics that best capture your current mood.
5, the Shout-Out Article: Dedicate this article to your best friend(s), and family, and show them your love. Send them an email with the link to this article (to get the permalink, click on the # sign that's on the bottom of each article online).
6, the Weird Habits Article: i. What's the annoying habit that your parents are always crashing down on you about? ii. What annoying habits do they have that should shut them up? iii. What's an oddball habit of yours that your friends or classmates have remarked on? iv. Who among your friends has the WEIRDEST habit ever, and how so? v. How are you a weird person? C'mon, amuse us...
3. Dash a comment to a Blog or Profile you like!
Check out the week's Blog Stars, and the "Hall of Fame" for past ones. If the user only accepts comments from friends, send a message on the left-hand column of the blog.
4. Add at least one friend
Add a blog or profile you like to your friend list. Trust me, this is sure to get things going :=)